Standards & Assurance Manager
(Mineral Products Qualifications Council)
A rare and exciting opportunity now exists for a talented Standards and Assurance Manager to join the business. The successful applicant will demonstrate knowledge and experience in both sector engagement and understanding of regulated qualifications and occupational standards.
You will help craft standards and compliant assurance, in line with legislation and in consultation with regulatory bodies, with experience preferably, but not essentially, within the extractive sector or construction sector.
You will advocate for the sector, as a provider of robust standards and qualifications, at all levels, while delivering a safer and more efficient industry through standardised training, assessment, and recommended routes to competence.
You will support the activities of the Minerals Education and Skills Board (MESB) via liaison with Pillar Leads and other stakeholders.
Importantly, we are looking for someone to be part of our future transformation, able to step up to a more senior role, when the opportunity arises.
Rapid progression is therefore possible as you support the role of MP Awards General Manager by engaging with Industry and other stakeholders, in the provision of a range of governance, standards assurance, end point assessment and awarding services.
Your passion will help drive forward our assessment development pipeline, ensuring that we provide benchmark standards for the sector, whilst expanding the business.
The position will involve building positive stakeholder relationships with,
- MPQC staff
- MP Awards staff
- MESB pillar Leads
- Industry employers
- UK regulators/government bodies HSE; IfATE; ESFA etc
- Relevant professional/trade bodies MPA; BAA; IQ; IAT etc
- Other stakeholders as appropriate
Your typical day-to-day responsibilities
- Represent MPQC at relevant sector forums and industry groups
- Engage with industry to establish standards for training and assessment
- Liaise with NOS review bodies and facilitate activities
- Support industry initiatives through provision of services
- Coordinate operational skills delivery
- Support industry competence through accredited CPD
- Support development of technical qualifications
- Explore the opportunities for funded qualifications and services
- Engage with FE and HE partnerships
- Explore Centre accreditation services for the industry
- Develop networks for training and development
- Support industry career promotion and progression
What can you bring to our business?
- Track record working at managerial level
- Strong working knowledge of standards and assurance
- Understanding of development processes, principles and assessment design
- Understanding of Occupational Maps
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management, time management, and priority judgement
- Ability to address and present across all levels
- Capacity to remain calm and objective under pressure
- Self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to plan, monitor and review work of others
- Forward thinking and innovative
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Other achievements you may have
- Educated to degree level
- Qualifications relevant to managerial role
- Working with FE and HE providers
- Recognise the benefits of adopting a consultative approach
- Understand own levels of responsibility, seeking advice where required
- Understand own skills sets and be proactive to develop areas of improvement
- Proficient with computer software and IT systems including Microsoft Office particularly Word, Outlook and Excel
How you will be rewarded
- Salary range, depending upon suitability and experience from £50,000.
- 28 Days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company car
- Contribution to pension
- Health insurance
- Mobile phone
Please apply in the first instance, enclosing CV and cover letter, to, [email protected]
Closing deadline is 28.2.22. MP Awards reserves the right to close applications earlier if we have high volumes of suitable applicants.